By Betty L. Gahart RN, Adrienne R. Nazareno PharmD
The number one IV drug guide for forty years, Intravenous drugs: A instruction manual for Nurses and healthiness Professionals is depended on for its accuracy and accomplished assurance. no matter if you wish the transportable print model or the handy digital structure, this new version offers crucial info on administering greater than 350 intravenous (IV) medicines, entries for brand new IV medicinal drugs lately authorized by means of the FDA, hundreds of thousands of latest drug evidence, a close index of well-known and exchange names and extra - all alphabetically equipped that will help you locate drug details speedy and easily.
- UNIQUE! released each year to make sure you have crucial info at the so much lately authorized IV medications in addition to up to date info on current drugs.
- UNIQUE! includes thorough assurance of greater than 350 IV medicinal drugs - providing you with way over the other similar handbook.
- UNIQUE! Time-tested web page format keep all dosage details for every drug on both a unmarried web page or a two-page unfold to avoid hand infection by way of having to show a page.
- Consistent, easy-to-use layout provides the entire crucial medical info you would like on IV drug administration.
- Lists IV medications alphabetically by way of general identify for quickly scientific reference.
- Updated IV drug dilution and dosage charts inside monographs provide easy accessibility to crucial information.
- Special sections highlight dosage variances for geriatric, pediatric, boy or girl, and neonatal patients.
- Black field Warnings, screening, and highlighting make finding key info fast and easy.
- Printed thumb tabs help you discover details faster.
"A better half web site at http://evolve.elsevier.com/IVMeds/ presents signals, monographs for chosen brokers no longer integrated within the publication, a step by step instructional for calculating IV drug dosages, IV drug dosage calculators, interactive IV drug dosage examples, printable basic dilution and answer compatibility charts, and more."
- NEW! 4 new drug monographs provide you with present, clinically appropriate drug info for brand new IV medicines lately authorized by way of the FDA.
- NEW! up-to-date drug monographs reflect the most recent alterations in IV drug therapy.
Read or Download 2014 Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals, 30e PDF
Best nursing books
"The ebook is obviously written and concise and makes use of sidebars to spotlight middle thoughts. " rating: ninety, four stars
Because ER nurses have to imagine speedy and act quick. ..
Fast proof for the ER Nurse is an orientation advisor and reference, designed in particular for brand spanking new ER nurses and the preceptors answerable for their orientation. The chapters offer a short assessment of kit, remedies, and medication used to regulate universal problems and prerequisites often visible within the ER. serious details offered in every one bankruptcy contains affliction definitions, symptoms, interventions, and important pondering questions.
With this advisor, nurses can get the knowledge they wish speedy in bullet-point lists. every one bankruptcy is with ease prepared alphabetically via disorder and ailment for speedy entry. The publication serves as an prepared, trustworthy, and thorough ER consultant, making sure a based method of orientation. All new ER nurses and their preceptors will locate this ebook to be a reference they can not do with no.
Key subject matters lined comprise: <UL> * Cardiovascular Emergencies * catastrophe reaction Emergencies * Infectious ailment Emergencies * psychological healthiness Emergencies * surprise and Multisystem Trauma Emergencies * Substance Abuse and Toxicologic Emergencies * and lots of extra!
At the moment version: "It is either a excitement and just a little of a miracle to determine a ebook as brand new and informative as this one. .. (The authors) have written an entire and definitive remedy of nursing take care of sufferers contaminated with HIV ailment, with a breadth from serious care to hospice care and a intensity from pathophysiology to remedy.
Informatics, the technological know-how of processing information for garage and retrieval, is key in latest healthcare setting. on the middle of informatics perform is the digital health and wellbeing list (EHR). even if, the scope of informatics encompasses many components peripheral to the EHR, corresponding to use of cellular units, sufferer portals, info analytics, telehealth, and carrying out well-being IT examine.
With the elevated emphasis on lowering clinical mistakes in an emergency surroundings, this e-book will specialise in sufferer defense in the emergency division, the place preventable clinical blunders usually happen. The e-book will offer either an outline of sufferer safeguard inside of healthiness care—the 'culture of safety,' value of teamwork, organizational change—and particular guidance on matters comparable to drugs protection, procedural issues, and clinician fatigue, to make sure caliber care within the ED.
- Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing: The Craft of Caring, Second Edition
- Evidence-Informed Nursing: A Guide for Clinical Nurses
- The Student Nurse in the Diploma School of Nursing
- AACN Essentials of Progressive Care Nursing (3rd Edition)
- Nursing Home Administration: Fifth Edition
Additional resources for 2014 Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals, 30e
Do not refrigerate or freeze. Discard 6 hours after entry into vial or transfer into an empty container. Single-use vial. Discard any unused solution. COMPATIBILITY Manufacturer states, “Do not add other medications to solution. Incompatible with diazepam and chlorpromazine. ” RATE OF ADMINISTRATION Administer as an infusion, equally distributed over 15 minutes. Pediatric doses up to 600Â€mg may be drawn up into a syringe and delivered via a syringe pump. ACTIONS A non-salicylate antipyretic and a non-opioid analgesic agent.
Discontinue immediately if symptoms associated with hypersensitivity occur. , diphenhydramine, epinephrine, albuterol). Resuscitate as necessary. If an acetaminophen overdose is suspected, obtain a serum acetaminophen level and baseline liver function studies. N-Â� acetylcysteine antidote may be indicated. See monograph. Contact poison control center for additional information. 2 USUAL DOSE Antiglaucoma agent: 250 mg to 1 Gm/24 hr. May be given as 250-mg doses at 4- to 6-hour intervals. In the treatment of secondary glaucoma and in the preoperative treatment of some cases of acute congestive (closed-angle) glaucoma, the preferred dose is 250 mg every 4 hours.
Nâ•‡ Introduce or withdraw gradually when used as an anticonvulsant. â•‡ nâ•‡ Periodic monitoring of electrolytes is recommended. Patient Education: Consider birth control options. â•‡ nâ•‡ Safety for use in pediatric patients not established, but no problems are documented. Elderly: Use caution; no documented problems, but age-related renal impairment may be a factor. â•‡ nâ•‡ May depress iodine uptake by the thyroid. SIDE EFFECTS Minimal with short-term therapy. Respond to symptomatic treatment or withdrawal of drug: acidosis, anorexia, bone marrow suppression, confusion, crystalluria, drowsiness, fever, hemolytic anemia, hypokalemia (ECG changes, fatigue, muscle weakness, vomiting), paresthesias, photosensitivity, polyuria, rash, renal calculus, thrombocytopenic purpura.