By Barbara Boyd
The international is at your fingertips with iPad!
AARP iPad: Tech to Connect introduces you to the world's preferred capsule machine, the iPad, and all of the notable issues it has to supply. In transparent, non-technical language, this publication publications you thru registering and establishing your iPad, getting conversant in the multitouch interface, navigating round the monitor, discovering and downloading apps, analyzing books, hearing song, observing movies, browsing the net, and speaking with neighbors and family.
- Developed in partnership with AARP and devoted to supporting readers remain attached with acquaintances, relatives, and group by way of supplying well timed and priceless recommendation and suggestions for utilizing tech to connect
- Covers the need-to-know fundamentals like powering up your iPad, getting it registered, and navigating the multitouch interface
- Walks you thru developing your electronic mail account, typing with the onscreen keyboard, shopping the web, purchasing on the iTunes store,...
Read Online or Download AARP iPad. Tech to Connect PDF
Best personal computers books
Workstation GAMER is the number 1 notebook video games journal. the most recent video game stories, gaming information, information, methods and methods to get the main from your desktop gaming event.
Laptop journal (sometimes often called computing device magazine) is an internet machine journal, offers studies and previews of the newest and software program for the data expertise professional.
Every little thing you must learn about VMware notebook, from visitor structures to community configuration.
VMware software program shall we clients run a number of working platforms (and their functions) concurrently on one machine. Technically reviewed and built in cooperation with VMware, Inc. , The ebook of VMware is a entire advisor to fitting and operating VMware. It contains sections on equipment emulation; configuring visitor working structures; networking; and troubleshooting.
AppleScript in a Nutshell is the 1st entire connection with AppleScript, the preferred programming language that provides either strength clients and complicated firm clients the real skill to automate repetitive initiatives and customise purposes. during this good prepared and concise reference, AppleScript programmers will locate: precise assurance of AppleScript model 1.
- The Definitive Guide to the ARM Cortex-M3, Second Edition
- iPhone Location Aware Apps by Example: Beginner's Guide
- Mobile Malware Attacks and Defense
- Multiprocessor Scheduling
- Apple Human Interface Guidelines
- Model-based design for embedded systems
Extra resources for AARP iPad. Tech to Connect
3. Tap the orientation lock button, which is pointed out in Figure 2-6. The icon appears in the status bar to remind you that it’s on. 4. Tap the button again to unlock the orientation. You can set the side switch so it works as an orientation lock button. Tap Settings, tap General, and then tap Lock Rotation under Use Side Switch To. A checkmark means that function is selected. When selected, a Mute button appears on the open apps bar when you swipe right. Using Spotlight to Search Spotlight is the feature to use for finding things stored on your iPad or on the web.
To dictate messages, do the following: 1. Tap the Mail app. 2. Tap the New Message button. 3. Tap the microphone key on the keyboard. 4. Speak your message and say punctuation marks. 5. Tap Done. Tap the microphone key again to make corrections. Editing Text You can select text and make it bold, italicized, or underlined; you can indent sentences or paragraphs. You can cut, copy, and paste selected text somewhere else in the message or in a different message or even in a different app, such as Notes or Reminders.
If you don’t want to get e-mails from Apple, tap the button to change it to Off. 17. Tap Next. 18. Tap Agree, and then tap Agree again. 19. After a few minutes, the Set Up iCloud screen appears. Tap Don’t Use iCloud. 20. Tap Next. 21. If you want to use Dictation, which means having what you say to your iPad converted to text, tap Use Dictation. You must have an active Internet connection for Dictation to work. Tap Don’t Use Dictation if you’d rather not use it. 22. Tap Next. 23. If you want to send diagnostic and usage data to Apple on a daily basis, tap Automatically Send to turn it on.