By Jim Aspinwall
Set up a high-speed domestic network
Network the desktops and peripheral units in your house or small workplace with the joys and functional tasks packed within this hands-on consultant. Produced along side CNET.com, where you opt for the newest in tech and patron electronics, this ebook exhibits you the way to create a stressed or instant community so that you can percentage documents, printers, and different assets. you are going to additionally discover ways to organize a server and safe and extend your community.
Inside, you will discover 24 self-contained initiatives, step by step directions, a listing of instruments wanted firstly of every undertaking, and 1000's of transparent pictures and screenshots. CNET homemade domestic Networking Projects takes you from starting via complicated projects conveniently!
- Control different computers remotely
- Share community garage and not using a server
- Set up a webcam server
- Enable and percentage a mobile information connection
- Watch reside television from anyplace through a Sling Media bridge
- Integrate IM and VoIP purposes into your network
- Run your personal notebook climate station
- Connect TiVo in your domestic community
Read or Download CNET Do-It-Yourself Home Networking Projects: 24 Cool Things You Didn't Know You Could Do! PDF
Best personal computers books
Computing device GAMER is the number one computing device video games journal. the newest video game stories, gaming information, advice, tips and techniques to get the main from your computing device gaming event.
Workstation journal (sometimes often called computing device magazine) is a web laptop journal, offers studies and previews of the newest and software program for the data expertise professional.
Every thing you must learn about VMware notebook, from visitor structures to community configuration.
VMware software program shall we clients run a number of working structures (and their functions) at the same time on one computing device. Technically reviewed and constructed in cooperation with VMware, Inc. , The publication of VMware is a entire consultant to fitting and working VMware. It comprises sections on gadget emulation; configuring visitor working platforms; networking; and troubleshooting.
AppleScript in a Nutshell is the 1st whole connection with AppleScript, the preferred programming language that offers either strength clients and complex company clients the real skill to automate repetitive initiatives and customise functions. during this good prepared and concise reference, AppleScript programmers will locate: distinctive assurance of AppleScript model 1.
- The Cartoon Guide to Computer Science
- Android Tablets Made Simple: For Motorola XOOM, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Asus, Toshiba and Other Tablets
- Mobile Computing: Implementing Pervasive Information and Communications Technologies (Operations Research Computer Science Interfaces Series)
- Teach Yourself VISUALLY Samsung Galaxy S5
Extra resources for CNET Do-It-Yourself Home Networking Projects: 24 Cool Things You Didn't Know You Could Do!
4. In the Specify a Printer dialog box of the Add Printer Wizard, shown in Figure 4-4, choose Browse for a Printer and then click the Next button. Figure 4-4 Let Windows do the work of finding your printer by choosing to browse for a printer. 24 Project 4 5. Windows presents a list of all shared printers found on your network, as shown in Figure 4-5. Select the printer you are looking for and then click the Next button. Figure 4-5 Select the shared printer you want to use from the Shared Printers list.
Follow Step 2 to install the network drive software and drivers and then restart the computer. After restart, you can register the drive manually, as illustrated in Step 2, or import the registration information from the configuration file you saved. To use the configuration file you saved, copy it to the other computer(s) using a disk or USB stick, move the diskette or USB stick to another computer, open the drive in My Computer, then simply double-click the configuration filename (Figure 5-12).
To share your webcam, you have the option of using webcamXP’s internal web server, posting your camera output to a web page via HTTP POST (provided your web host allows you to do so and you provide the appropriate code), or uploading your camera output via FTP to an FTP download site or the file system on your external web server. Using the web server option makes the camera images available on your local network, and if you configure your firewall in Step 3 to allow it, the image can be viewed by anyone over the Internet.