By Qiming Chen, Umeshwar Dayal, Meichun Hsu (auth.), Hideko S.Kunii, Sushil Jajodia, Arne Sølvberg (eds.)
This e-book constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the 20 th foreign convention on Conceptual Modeling, ER 2001, held in Tokohama, Japan, in November 2001.
The forty five revised complete papers awarded including 3 keynote shows have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from a complete of 197 submissions. The papers are prepared in topical sections on spatial databases, spatio-temporal databases, XML, details modeling, database layout, info integration, facts warehouse, UML, conceptual versions, platforms layout, approach reengineering and video databases, workflows, net details platforms, purposes, and software program engineering.
Read or Download Conceptual Modeling — ER 2001: 20th International Conference on Conceptual Modeling Yokohama, Japan, November 27–30, 2001 Proceedings PDF
Similar international books
Dramatic advances in ground-based and house astronomy, including serendipitous observations of Supernova 1987a, have made the learn of supernovae and supernova remnants the most energetic and profitable fields in astrophysics. To take inventory of those intriguing advancements and to offer concentration to destiny examine, the foreign Astronomical Union held a colloquium in Xian, China, for the world's prime specialists and this quantity gathers jointly their articles.
HFI NQI 2004: Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Hyperfine Interactions and 17th International Symposium on Nuclear Quadrupole Interactions, ... 2004) Bonn, Germany, 22-27 August, 2004
This quantity of lawsuits comprises new and unique clinical effects besides contemporary advancements in instrumentation and techniques, in invited and contributed papers. Researchers and graduate scholars attracted to hyperfine interplay detected through nuclear radiation in addition to nuclear quadrupole interactions detected via resonance equipment within the components of fabrics, organic and scientific technology will locate this quantity imperative.
Power of Metals and Alloys, quantity three (ICSMA 7) provides the lawsuits of the seventh foreign convention at the energy of Metals and Alloys held in Montreal, Canada on August 12-16, 1985. The ebook comprises papers at the paintings hardening of face-centered cubic unmarried crystals; precipitation hardening; and microstructure evolution and circulation rigidity in the course of scorching operating.
- Achieving Quality in Software: Proceedings of the third international conference on achieving quality in software, 1996
- Advances in Nemertean Biology: Proceedings of the Third International Meeting on Nemertean Biology, Y Coleg Normal, Bangor, North Wales, August 10–15, 1991
- Increasing Small Ruminant Productivity in Semi-arid Areas: Proceedings of a Workshop held at the International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas, Aleppo, Syria, 30 November to 3 December 1987
- International Discord on Population and Development
- Space Engineering: Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Space Engineering
- International Symposium on Nicotine: The Effects of Nicotine on Biological Systems II: Satellite Symposium of the XIIth International Congress of Pharmacology, Montreal, Canada, July 21–24, 1994. The Abstracts
Extra info for Conceptual Modeling — ER 2001: 20th International Conference on Conceptual Modeling Yokohama, Japan, November 27–30, 2001 Proceedings
It is possible to get ten of the best people in a discipline. If you need one hundred or one thousand, it is impossible. You will probably end up with many mediocre people. Second, there is some sort of relaxation process. Most excellent people become mediocre over the years. There is a need to replenish or reshape. This means that people should either stay a short time and be often replaced, or they have to be shaken up from time to time to stay excellent. Both operations provide discontinuities which are inconsistent with the "right-ontime" requirements of the innovation process in the new Economy.
24. org. 25. asp, 2000 26. html 27. com/presspass/features/2000, 2000 28. htm. 29. pdf “i-mode”, Now & Future Kei-ichi Enoki Managing Director, i-mode Business NTT DoCoMo, Inc. 2-11-1 Nagatacho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-6150, Japan The number of cellular phone subscribers in Japan has now topped 60 million, which means that 50% of Japan’s population own cellular phones. That number is greater than the subscribers of fixed-line telephones. ” The “i-mode service”, which DoCoMo launched on Feb. 22nd, 1999 had 26 million subscribers by July 2001.
The new Model does not depend so much on extraordinary individual performance but in a well coordinated collective effort. As in the traditional Research Model we have to provide the necessary resources. The new Model takes economic feasibility into consideration. We provide adequate labs but within reasonable economic constraints. The idea that in Research every wish is legitimate and honored cannot survive in an era of shareholders value. 22 Dennis Tsichritzis As in the traditional Research Model we need a stimulating environment.