By Ora Strickland
This completely up to date and revised new version of the award-winning sequence on dimension offers approximately eighty real, proven intruments for assessing nursing results in a large number of settings and occasions. each one device is followed through a descriptive essay that comes with info on goal, management, scoring, and reliability and validity. even if you have an interest in measuring sufferer results, comparing sufferer studying, or assessing the effectiveness of training and studying in a nursing university, this compendium promises the authoritative instruments you wish.
Read Online or Download Measurement of Nursing Outcomes 2nd Ed Vol 3 - Self Care and Coping PDF
Similar nursing books
"The ebook is obviously written and concise and makes use of sidebars to focus on center ideas. " ranking: ninety, four stars
Because ER nurses have to imagine quick and act speedy. ..
Fast proof for the ER Nurse is an orientation advisor and reference, designed particularly for brand spanking new ER nurses and the preceptors chargeable for their orientation. The chapters supply a short evaluation of apparatus, remedies, and medicine used to regulate universal issues and prerequisites often visible within the ER. serious details offered in each one bankruptcy contains ailment definitions, symptoms, interventions, and demanding considering questions.
With this advisor, nurses can get the data they wish quick in bullet-point lists. each one bankruptcy is very easily geared up alphabetically by way of illness and sickness for speedy entry. The publication serves as an geared up, trustworthy, and thorough ER advisor, making sure a established method of orientation. All new ER nurses and their preceptors will locate this publication to be a reference they can't do with out.
Key subject matters coated comprise: <UL> * Cardiovascular Emergencies * catastrophe reaction Emergencies * Infectious illness Emergencies * psychological well-being Emergencies * surprise and Multisystem Trauma Emergencies * Substance Abuse and Toxicologic Emergencies * and plenty of extra!
At the moment version: "It is either a excitement and a bit of of a miracle to determine a booklet as brand new and informative as this one. .. (The authors) have written a whole and definitive remedy of nursing take care of sufferers contaminated with HIV sickness, with a breadth from serious care to hospice care and a intensity from pathophysiology to remedy.
Informatics, the technology of processing information for garage and retrieval, is essential in state-of-the-art healthcare atmosphere. on the center of informatics perform is the digital healthiness list (EHR). in spite of the fact that, the scope of informatics encompasses many components peripheral to the EHR, equivalent to use of cellular units, sufferer portals, info analytics, telehealth, and accomplishing overall healthiness IT learn.
With the elevated emphasis on lowering scientific blunders in an emergency atmosphere, this e-book will concentrate on sufferer safeguard in the emergency division, the place preventable clinical error usually take place. The booklet will supply either an outline of sufferer defense inside well-being care—the 'culture of safety,' value of teamwork, organizational change—and particular guidance on concerns equivalent to medicine protection, procedural problems, and clinician fatigue, to make sure caliber care within the ED.
- Nursing numeracy : a new approach
- Florence Nightingale on Society and Politics, Philosophy, Science, Education and Literature: Collected Works of Florence Nightingale, Volume 5 (v. 5)
- Instrumentation for the Operating Room A Photographic Manual
- Wound Management: A Handbook for Community Nurses
- Practice Development in Nursing and Healthcare
- Practical Guide To Evidence
Extra resources for Measurement of Nursing Outcomes 2nd Ed Vol 3 - Self Care and Coping
3. There is growing support for the reliability and validity of the PKPCT, Version I and the PKPCT, Version II (Caroselli & Barrett, 1998). 4. The predominant use of nonrandomly selected convenience samples limits the ability to generalize findings to other groups (Barrett & Caroselli, 1998). ' 5. In a review of 39 studies, the number of studies where hypotheses related to power were fully supported was more than double the number where hypotheses were partially supported or not supported (Caroselli & Barrett, 1998).
Therefore, a second form of the instrument was proposed; the four concepts are rated without the modifying contexts. This tool, the PKPCT, Version II has subsequently been used by the majority of researchers investigating power as knowing participation in change. DESCRIPTION The PKPCT is a 7-point semantic differential type of instrument. Semantic differential technique was used to measure the meaning of the operational indicators of power, manifested by awareness (A), choices (C), freedom to act intentionally (F), and involvement in creating change (I).
14. 15. 16. *17. 18. 19. 20. 21. I can always take my seizure medication when I am away from home. I can stay on my seizure medication most of the time. I can always practice relaxation exercises to help me manage stress. I can always name my seizure medication. I can always plan ahead so that 1 do not run out of my seizure medication. I can always get enough exercise. I can always take my seizure medication on holidays, birthdays, vacations, and other special occasions. I can have fun with other people and still manage my epilepsy.